What types of information do we collect?
For the purposes of this policy, “personal information” is any information about an identifiable individual, including any information that, alone or in combination with other information, could be used to identify an individual. Personal information does not include aggregated information, or any personal information that has been de-identified through the removal of potentially identifying details, such that the data may not be identified with a particular individual.
When you use our website or contact us directly, we may collect, use, process, and/or disclose the following personal information:
- Information you provide to us directly:
- Web Forms – You may choose to provide personal information (such as your name, email address, and telephone number) to us through this website by sending us an email with a question or comment. We will use this personal information to answer your query and, if relevant, to manage our business relationship with you or your company.
- Email List – On our website, we also provide an option to subscribe to our email list by filling out a form in order to receive news releases or other information concerning Ivanhoe Mines and some of its associated companies. By providing your e-mail address on this form, you are consenting to receive this information; however, you may withdraw your consent and unsubscribe at any time.
- Job Applications – Our website also provides a capability for visitors to apply for career opportunities with Ivanhoe Mines. Any personal information or resumes received by us in this regard will be held in confidence and used only for the purpose of considering the submitting party for employment. Such information is shared with our third party provider, Simplified HR.
- Information we collect as you use our website:
Other than some key information which we require to respond to your requests, most of the personal information that you provide to us is optional.
We rely on you to ensure that the personal information you provide to us is accurate, complete, and up-to-date. You may make changes or corrections to your personal information at any time. If you would like to review or update your personal information, please contact us using the contact information provided below.
Ivanhoe Mines’ website, external service providers and linked third party sites are not for use by children under the age of 16 years and Ivanhoe Mines does not knowingly collect, store, share or use the personal information of children under 16 years old. If you are under the age of 16, please do not provide any personal information to us, even if prompted by the website to do so. If you are under the age of 16 and you have provided personal information to us, please ask your parent(s) or guardian(s) to notify us and we will delete all such personal information.
How do we use personal information?
We generally collect, use, disclose, process, and retain your information to respond to your requests and to operate our business, including for the following purposes:
- to establish and maintain a commercial relationship with you;
- to provide information or services that you have requested from us;
- to send you email newsletters, press releases, and other information, if requested;
- to process and evaluate job applications;
- to help you efficiently access and use our website;
- to generate aggregate, anonymized website usage data and to provide, improve, test, and monitor the effectiveness of our website;
- to ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us; and
- to meet legal and regulatory requirements.
When do we share personal information?
We may provide your personal information to trusted partners and service providers that we have engaged to provide us with services or to perform services on our behalf, based on our instructions, such as data processing and storage companies or individuals and organizations that provide professional and/or administrative services to us. For example, our website is hosted and maintained by a third party service provider, Blender Media. (https://www.blendermedia.com/). We may also share your information within our corporate group or with service providers who help us run our operations, provide services to you, or fulfill your requests.
We may provide your personal information to a third party where reasonably required in the context of a sale, merger or amalgamation involving all or part of our business. In any such case, the recipient parties will be contractually required to keep the information confidential and use it only for the purposes of the transaction, or proposed transaction, in question.
We may disclose your personal information in response to a search warrant or other legally valid inquiry or order, or as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law, including the disclosure of personal information where necessary for the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims, or to prevent actual or suspected loss or harm to persons or property.
A cookie is a short text file that may be stored on your hard drive or browser when you visit a website. We use the following types of cookies on our website:
- “Google Analytics” cookies (a web analytics service provided by Google). Google Analytics sets four cookies that allow us to analyze traffic on the website. Google Analytics cookies allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors to this website and to see how visitors move around the site (in particular, what pages of the website are being visited). This helps us to improve the way our website works. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- Display and preference settings cookies. For example, if you changed the size of the text on our website when you last visited, a cookie will remember that so that you don’t need to do it again.
- “Session cookies” are used to identify and maintain a browsing session, and to remember whether you have rejected cookies through your browser settings.
- We also use Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Youtube cookies that track whether a social networking option has been used to forward material from our website (so that we know which social networking tools are in use).
*These cookies do not collect or track any information about you as an individual. Instead, they are focused on how the website is used and seek to enhance the accessibility and functionality of the website.
Note that most web browsers allow some control of cookies through browser settings. If you delete or block our cookies, some parts of the website may not work properly, because some of our cookies are necessary for the operation of this website.
How can I manage cookies?
Most browsers allow you to manage cookie settings. These settings can usually be found in the ‘Settings’, ‘Options’ or ‘Preferences’ menu of your browser. The links below are provided to help you find the settings for some common browsers.
- Manage cookie settings in Chrome* and Chrome Android* and Chrome iOS*
- Manage cookie settings in Safari* and Safari iOS*
- Manage cookie settings in Firefox*
- Manage cookie settings in Internet Explorer*
- Manage cookie settings in Opera*
For all other browsers, please look for a “help” function in your browser or contact the browser provider.
How do we safeguard personal information?
We take all reasonable steps to protect the security of information (including personal information) that is provided by you or exchanged with you through this website. Our security measures include using firewalls, intrusion detection systems and virus scanning tools to protect against viruses and prevent unauthorized persons from accessing the information that you provide to us. However, please be aware that there are inherent risks in transmitting information by use of the Internet and other online or electronic transmission systems and that we cannot guarantee the security of information transmitted in this way.
How long do we retain personal information?
Cross-border data transfers
We and some third-party service providers that we may engage may store or process your personal information in jurisdictions other than Canada, including in the United States, where it may be subject to the laws of the jurisdiction in which it is stored. By using the website and/or providing personal information to us, you expressly agree that your personal information may be transferred to the United States, United Kingdom, South Africa, the Democratic Republic of the Congo and other jurisdictions outside of Canada.
Your choices and access to your personal information
We value your choices when it comes to your personal information. You choose how much information to share with us when you request information from us or otherwise contact Ivanhoe Mines. You generally have the right to withdraw your consent to any further collection, use, or disclosure of any elements of your personal information, subject to legal and contractual requirements.
If you would like to discuss your privacy choices, including your ability to opt-out of providing certain information, please contact us using the contact information provided below.
This website may contain links to third-party websites. Before providing personal information to third-party websites, we recommend you examine the privacy policies on those websites. Ivanhoe Mines is not responsible for the privacy practices on third party websites.
606-999 Canada Place